In the event of a gas emergency, a trained gas installer must be on call to make safe the situation. Gas emergency services providers, such as the National Grid, employ suitably qualified engineers to assist in unsafe situations.
If this is a role you currently undertake, or an area you’re looking to move into, then you need to complete ACS module, ‘Gas emergency services provider changeover course’ – CODNESP1. A new offering for Logic4training, this course is designed for existing domestic gas engineers, who are up to date with their Core Gas Safety (CCN1).
CODNESP1 specifically covers the required procedure for dealing with gas emergencies downstream of the emergency control valve:
- Installation of pipework and fittings – pipe sizes 28mm to 100mm
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves (in Non Domestic premises)
- Ventilation/chimney standards (Non Domestic)
- Re-establishing existing gas supply and relight appliances (Non Domestic).
This new course follows in the footsteps of CMDDA1, which is designed for installers specifically dealing with a Carbon Monoxide leak call out, either due to an alarm going off, or signs of CO reported.
For more information about CODNESP1, gas emergency services training, click here.
From 1st January 2013 the Gas Safe Register’s guidance for flues in voids is changing in regards to the correct procedure when dealing with a concealed flue that cannot be accessed. The Gas Safe Register is currently updating its technical guidance note on this subject, TB008, and it is expected that this will be issued in the next few weeks.
Any gas engineer carrying out work on a flued appliance should examine the flue to check it’s safe and working properly. This is particularly difficult where the chimney or flue is not accessible, often the case in flats built after 2000.
Ideally, concealed chimney/flue systems should be installed with an inspection hatch to allow examination. In some situations, however, an inspection hatch may not offer a practical solution.
The final detail of the new guidance is yet to be published, we will update our site accordingly, as soon as it is issued.
For information on our range of Gas ACS training, click here.
It’s Jubilee time! Two days off work, street parties, the Queen’s 60th anniversary (and Logic4training’s 10th) so to celebrate all this summer fun, we’re giving up to 20% off a selection of courses throughout the month of June.
Training can be taken at any time during June, July and August, with most of Logic4training’s courses reducing in price at some point over the next four weeks. The best way to find out the latest deal is to give us a ring on 0845 845 7222.
Offers available now include:
• 20% off all courses, except AM2
• 20% off New Entrant, Approved Prior Learning APL courses, starting 11 June & 16 July
Barking & Dagenham
• 20% off CCN1 re-assessment, starting July 5th
• 20% off New Entrant, Approved Prior Learning APL courses, starting June & 13 August
• 20% off F Gas, starting 2 July & 6 August
• 20% off all electrical courses
• 20% off Part P, starting 23 July
Book during Jubilee June to take advantage of this fantastic offer
Call Logic4training to redeem these discounts and find out the latest deals: 0845 845 7222
As a building services trades person it’s important you’ve got adequate insurance, to cover your back and your customer’s property should anything go wrong. Public Liability of up to £2million is also a pre-requisite of joining a Competent Persons Scheme (CPS).
Logic4training has joined up with Insurance provider, Aon Limited, which has a long history of working with customers in the building services industry. As part of its agreement with Aon, Logic4training can offer its customers exclusive discounts:
• 15% discount on Aon Tradesman Insurance
• 15% discount applies on renewal as well
• When you purchase a policy you will also receive a 10% discount on your next training course with Logic4training
So why should you choose Aon?
With over 60 years experience in the building services industry, Aon customers benefit from the following features:
• Up to £2m Public Liability cover
• increased cover available on request
• £10 million Employment Liability cover
• any temporary workers you employ are automatically covered
• Tools cover – 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
• cover for tools unattended in a vehicle overnight
• Commercial legal helpline – 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
If you are a Logic4training customer, call Aon’s team and mention this offer for a discounted quote: 08455649943
As the kid’s summer holidays finally arrive, many of you have a welcome quiet couple of months ahead while the whole world and his wife seems to take a vacation. Why not use this opportunity to get up-to-speed with your training? The heating season will be with us again sooner than you know it and for many, that means ACS (Approved Certification Scheme) qualifications need renewing. If you’re a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer, you must make sure you’ve got the correct FGas training under your belt.
Maybe you want to add more to your offering; domestic gas engineers might want to up-skill to the commercial side of things and across the board, renewables are becoming an increasingly popular choice with this market expanding at a rapid rate.
October should see the introduction of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for domestic applications. To take advantage of the market opportunities this will create, your company needs to be Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) approved. Our renewable installation courses are recognised by the MCS so go towards accreditation. By taking appropriate training and other necessary steps now, you can make sure that your business is ready for the increase in demand for renewable heat come the end of the year.
Our July special offers will help you get up to speed with relevant training while benefitting from reduced rates at all of our centres and on many of our courses. Current special offers are as follows:
• 20% off all courses* taken at our Luton centre; training must be booked by the 31st August but can be taken at any time.
• 20% off FGas training, from Monday 8th to the 12th August at our Basildon centre.
• 70% off renewables training for installers in the East of England – Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Essex (outside the M25), Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
• £25 off Logic4training’s working at heights course when booked in conjunction with solar thermal or solar PV courses at our Northolt centre.
Introducing, Logic4trade, the new, online store selling testing, inspection and consumable products for gas engineers, oil installers and electricians. Items on sale range from installation, maintenance and safety testing equipment to personalised work wear and van accessories.
Providing products of the highest quality from some of the UK’s leading brands, including Anton and a range of licensed Gas Safe Registered equipment, available exclusively to registered gas engineers, Logic4trade is committed to providing building services engineers with the right tools to do their job safely and efficiently.
Logic4trade is a sister company to Logic4training, which delivers training and assessment services for heating, plumbing, electrical and air-conditioning installers, plus Micro-generation Scheme (MCS) approved renewables training, safety courses and Approved Prior Learning programmes.
Kevin Budd, Managing Director of Logic4trade, said: “I am delighted to introduce Logic4trade, which compliments perfectly the training services supplied by Logic4training. This new web-based shop completes our commitment to arming installers with the skills, and now equipment, to do their jobs properly and within the law.”
All items on the site can be bought through Logic4trade’s secure online shop, using PayPal, debit or credit card. To find out more, visit www.logic4trade.co.uk.
From today (May 23rd) we are cutting the price of all courses* at our Luton centre by 20%. This fantastic offer is available for training booked from now until 31st July – courses must be booked during this period but can be taken at any time.
Ideal for building services engineering installers looking to keep up-to-date with mandatory qualifications or up-skill to include new services to their offering, training available at Luton includes:
• Gas Approved Certification Scheme (ACS) training and assessment
• Plumbing courses, such as Hot Water Service and Safety (HWSS) and Legionella Prevention
• Training for electricians, including 17th Edition Wiring Regulations and Electrical Testing and Inspection
• Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) approved renewables training in Solar Photovoltaics (PV), Solar Thermal and Heat Pumps – perfect for anyone looking to take advantage of new markets created by Feed in Tariffs (FiTs) and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
• OFTEC oil fired appliance installation courses
• Air-conditioning and refrigeration training, designed for engineers looking to meet the F-Gas regulations
• Safety training, such as Working at Heights and Manual Handling
If that wasn’t enough, we are also offering 25% off our new entrants, Approved Prior Learning (APL) gas safety course, which is taking place from the 13th – 24th June; also at our Luton centre.
Book now by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, our enquiry form, or telephone: 0845 845 7222
Logic4training is constantly updating our special offers page with new deals, as well as posting them on Twitter and Facebook; follow and like our pages to keep abreast of the latest discounts.
Logic4training’s got a range of offers on this May, to help cut the cost of your training:
Basildon centre: We’re knocking 20% off our Part P Electrical course, both initial and re-assessment, for the course taking place at our Basildon centre from Monday 23rd to Friday 27th May. Hurry, there’s only a few days left to book your place.
Part P Full scope package: £676 + VAT instead of £845 + VAT
Defined scope package: £745 + VAT instead of £596 + VAT
Northolt centre: If you want to fit solar panels then, unless you hire a roofer, you’ll need to undertake a working at heights course to ensure your safety. To help installers get all the skills they need to do a job properly, we’re knocking £25 off the cost of Working at Heights at our Northolt centre when booked in conjunction with our Solar Thermal Hot Water Course or Solar Photovoltaic (PV) installation course.
£100 + VAT instead of £125 + VAT
Luton centre: If you want to become a gas fitter and have got transferable skills, such as plumbing, sign-up to our Gas Safety Approved Prior Learning (APL) training. On completion you’ll be eligible for ACS assessment. We’re running a course at our Luton centre from the 13th to 24th June. Book now and get 25% off.
£971.25 + VAT instead of £1295 + VAT
Our special offers page is constantly being updated, so make sure you check it regularly. Details of our latest deals also feature in the Logic4training e-newsletter, which you can sign-up to here, plus follow us on Twitter and Facebook for regular discounts.
Logic4training has just got back from the first PHEX of the year, held at a very sunny Wembley Stadium. Unsurprisingly, renewable training courses sparked a great deal of interest, thanks the launch of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) in March. Our April deal, 15% off all courses booked when you quote PHEX11, also proved popular – this is still available, until the end of the month, so don’t forget to take advantage.
While visitor numbers were slightly down on previous PHEXs’ it was still a good show. One exhibitor bemoaned the amount of students in attendance – we welcome them on the Logic4training stand – the students that visited us at PHEX nine years ago are now our customers. Catching the attentions of these young people is really important; as their careers take-off they’re more likely to come back to the service providers who were helpful to them while they were still studying.
Apart from catching up with what’s new in the plumbing and heating sector, visitors were treated to a free tour of the famous stadium, made all the more enjoyable thanks to the glorious weather.
Logic4training is now looking forward to our next PHEX, at Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge on the 16th and 17th of November.
PHEX: The Plumbing & Heating Exhibition (opens in new window)