Gas Safety Week 2015 is coming, from the 14th to the 20th September.
Gas Safety Week is a national safety campaign to raise awareness of gas safety in the UK’s 23 million gas fuelled homes. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register and is supported by the gas industry, including retailers, manufacturers, consumer bodies, the public and, of course, Logic4training.
Last year saw the Gas Safe Heroes campaign, raising public awareness of the job that Gas engineers do day in day out.
In 2014 Gas Safe Hero Doug, toured the country with Gas Safe Register and local gas engineers, visiting England’s gas hot spots.
They visited Sunderland, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Norwich, Bristol and Portsmouth to remind people of the importance of getting regular safety checks on all gas appliances.
If you haven’t seen him Doug is a cartoon representation of an everyday “Gas safe hero”. As part of this year’s awareness campaign, Doug will once again be taking over Twitter to celebrate the work of engineers everywhere.
We are encouraging people to get involved and be a part of 2015’s campaign. Join thousands of organisations around Britain helping to keep people safe.
Some of the reasons businesses take part:
- Corporate social responsibility – help to protect your customers and save lives.
- September is the start of the heating season, many people will be turning on their boilers.
- Gas Safety Week is a national campaign with extensive national and regional media coverage – the campaign reached over 147 million people in 2014.
- 4,321 organisations supported Gas Safety Week 2014 – don’t miss out to your competitors.
- Improve your brand awareness – all supporters appear on the website.
All of us in the gas industry want to keep improving gas safety and awareness. GSW is the perfect time to really hammer home the message.