Plumbing And Heating Installer Bronze Training Package
Logic4training’s Level 2 Diploma in the Installation & Maintenance of Plumbing & Heating Systems provides an entry-level route, covering practical training, plus all the necessary legislation.
The ideal starting point for new entrants, the course delivers a foundation for a career in plumbing, and is the perfect grounding for further training in industries such as gas and renewables.
The entry-level plumbing Diploma is the perfect course for would-be plumbers and the basis of further training: you can add on an NVQ element, providing you with the further qualifications and experience to gain a JIB Plumbing Skills Card or WRAS/WIAPS Approved Plumber Status, or undertake our Managed Learning Programme for new entrant gas installers.
There’s also the option to move into low carbon heating solutions, such as heat pumps and solar thermal.
Training takes place in-centre and includes theory and practical tasks, covering central heating, cold and hot water systems. The course also covers electrical safety related to plumbing and heating systems.
There are no prerequisites for this course, but we will assess candidates to check their suitability. A good understanding of Maths and English is essential.
Training as a plumber is ideal for practically minded people – if you like fixing things, solving problems and working with your hands, then this Diploma could be for you.
- Health & Safety Regulations
- Plumbing science, principles and practices
- Energy, waste and water conservation
- Pipework installation (copper and plastic), including bending, soldering, jointing and testing
- Installing and fault finding for cold and hot water systems
- Installing and fault finding for central heating systems, including radiators
- Electrical installation of plumbing and heating system components, including safe isolation
- Installation and maintenance of about ground drainage systems
Theory and practical examinations take place throughout the programme. Tools will be provided which are yours to keep, helping you take the first steps into your new career.
As soon as you have registered on the course, you will be given access to our ClubLogic online learning platform, which provides practical, bite size learning sessions that you can use before and during the course. A comprehensive training manual is included within the cost of course, plus the WRAS Guide to the Water Regulations.