Solar Photovoltaic and Battery Storage Package Deal
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
Save 50% on our electrical energy storage systems (EESS) course when you book with solar photovoltaic (PV) training.
Solar photovoltaics are growing in popularity, helping consumers to reduce electricity bills and lower their carbon footprint. When combined with a battery storage system, even more power can be used by a household and savvy end-users can take advantage of the most cost-effective tariffs, storing energy when electricity costs the least.
The combination of solar PV and electricity storage offers a far quicker return on investment, more than doubling self-consumption when compared with a PV system used on its own.
We want to help electrical installers take a place in this market by offering a fantastic package deal – 50% off our EESS course when booked with solar PV training.
Training is designed for experienced electricians, but if you are missing some of the necessary pre-requisite qualifications, we are offering a further 25% discount on these courses.
Trainees taking advantage of our package deal will start with any pre-requisite courses (if needed), these include:
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671:2018)
- Level 3 qualification in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installation
Get 25% off these qualifications when booked as part of solar PV/battery storage package.
Suitable candidates could also be a member of a recognised competent persons’ scheme (CPS) as a Qualified Supervisor having met the requirements of the electrotechnical assessment specification (EAS).
Level 3 Qualification in the Installation & Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Duration: 3 days
Covering both practical and theory elements of safely and effectively installing solar pv, training takes place in the classroom and on purpose-built rigs, including roof mounting kits and work on ‘live’ equipment.
The course is recognised by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) and successful candidates can use it towards gaining MCS accreditation. An MCS certified system is a pre-requisite of any grants that may be available and energy providers request this in order for consumers to access the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG)
The course covers the installation, commissioning and maintenance of small-scale domestic solar PV systems, including the following areas:
- Health & Safety
- All relevant regulations and standards
- The difference between AC and DC circuits
- Solar PV system and component installation
- Design principles to determine pv panel array size and position
- Preparatory work prior to installation
- PV system protection techniques
- Testing, commissioning and handover
- Routine inspection
- Servicing and maintenance
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
LCL Awards Level 3 Qualification in the Design, Installation & Commissioning of Electrical Energy Storage Systems.
Duration: 2 days
The EESS course covers the installation and maintenance of battery storage systems, using purpose-built rigs to deliver practical training. Regulations and safety considerations are also covered.
Candidates will learn how to correctly size a battery based on individual applications to meet customer needs and ensure optimum energy bill savings.
As with the solar pv course, our battery storage qualification is recognised by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
The course covers the design and installation of electrical energy storage systems, including the following areas:
- Electrical energy storage system installation
- Arrangements and operating modes
- Design and specification
- Pre-installation preparation
- Health & safety
- Initial verification and handover
Get 50% off battery storage when booked alongside solar PV training.
- To receive the discount/s, all training must be booked by the end of March 2024
- All courses must be booked at the same time.
- Solar PV and battery storage training is currently only available at Logic4training’s Northolt and Sittingbourne centres.