Plumbing, Heating And Gas Installer Platinum Training Package
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
Logic4training’s platinum package includes all the training and qualifications required to become a fully competent plumbing and heating engineer, allowing successful candidates to take work on sites where a CSCS card is required.
Combining every element of our bronze, silver and gold routes, this comprehensive programme features classroom learning, onsite work experience, plus the full range of qualifications.
Logic4training’s platinum package starts with our Level 2 NVQ Plumbing Diploma, covering the basics of the installation and maintenance of cold and hot water systems, and central heating. The course includes practical skills, legislation and the WRAS Water regulations course, with training taking place in the classroom and on a site of your choice.
Following on from the plumbing NVQ Diploma, candidates will undertake our domestic gas Managed Learning Programme (MLP) which covers everything required to become a Gas Safe registered installer, including Hot Water Systems & Safety, Gas ACS and on site work experience, which we can arrange for you*.
Both the plumbing and gas installation elements of this programme include the experience and qualifications required to achieve the necessary CSCS cards and Competent Persons Scheme recognition – the JIB Plumbing Skills Card, WIAPS Approved Plumber Status and Gas Safe Registration.
There are no prerequisites for this course, but we will assess candidates to check their suitability. A good understanding of maths and English is essential.
Trainees need access to a site where they can carry out plumbing and gas engineering tasks in order to be assessed and compile their portfolios. For the MLP element, we can help source a work experience placement, but there will be an additional cost involved.
Training as a plumber is ideal for practically minded people – if you like fixing things, solving problems and working with your hands, then this NVQ Diploma could be for you.
- Health & safety regulations
- Plumbing science, principles and practices
- Energy, waste and water conservation
- Pipework installation (copper and plastic), including bending, soldering, jointing and testing
- Installing and fault finding for cold and hot water systems
- Installing and fault finding for central heating systems, including radiators
- Electrical installation of plumbing and heating system components, including safe isolation
- Installation and maintenance of about ground drainage systems
- Gas safety
- Gas legislation, Building Regulations and British Standards
- Tightness testing of domestic natural gas installations
- Measuring and interpretation of gas pressures and the calculation of heat inputs
- Gas appliance functions and the operation of gas safety controls
- Principles of flueing, chimneys and combustion
- WRAS Water Regulations course
- Gas appliance installation, including boilers and water heaters
- Hot Water Systems & Safety (unvented)
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
- Gas ACS – CCN1 and CENWAT (Central Heating & Hot Water)
We can help candidates on the MLP find a site for the portfolio element of the programme, at extra cost*.
Tools will be provided which are yours to keep, helping you take the first steps in your new career.
As soon as you have registered on the course, you will be given access to our ClubLogic online learning platform, which provides practical, bite size learning sessions that you can use before and during the course.