Could you grow your own talent?!
As of the 20th August, the government launched 40 new apprenticeships in England as part of a drive to increase the number of young people joining a skills-based career route.
In fact, government figures reveal that more and more school-leavers are turning away from college and university study in a bid to join the work force, learn new skills and earn a wage. Some 50,000 teenagers went into a work-based training course in the 12 months to March 2014 compared with less than 42,000 in the previous 12 months.
Are you looking to expand your business but worried about the time and commitment involved? Don’t be! A survey conducted by apprenticeship.org.uk shows that 96 per cent of employers taking on an apprentice report benefits to their business, with some 72 per cent stating improved productivity, as a result!
Other plus points include:
- Growing your own talent that’s directly matched with the needs of your business
- Developing a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce
- Helping to improve productivity while reducing costs (many training costs can be covered for apprentices)
- Fresh talent and new skills, ideas and objectives
- Increased loyalty and staff retention.
Many employees operating in the gas industry today entered the world of work via an apprenticeship and 35-40 years later have progressed mapped out an excellent career – make that commitment to support budding industry talent and increase the productivity of your business!
We are currently running three apprenticeships for Luton-based businesses, alongside our training provider partner, Luton Adult Learning.