This gas safety awareness course is aimed at operatives involved in installing cavity wall and loft insulation, as well as external cladding systems in domestic properties; of particular relevance due to increased work under the Green Deal and ECO. Gas Safety for Insulation Installers will help learners understand the risks associated with gas and other fossil fuel appliances.
The one day gas safety for insulation and/or cladding Installers course is recognised by the Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (CIGA) and covers the following:
- Gas safety legislation
- Basic gas safety
- Combustion and its control
- Flues and ventilation
- Domestic pipework installation (cladding installers only)
Candidates must be experienced in installing cavity wall, loft insulation and/or external cladding.
If you are a domestic insulation and/or external cladding installer this gas safety awareness course will help you avoid the risks associated with gas and other fossil fuel appliances.
Gas Safety Awareness for Cavity Wall & Loft Insulation Installers and/or External Cladding Installers will educate candidates in the following:
- The risks associated with the installation of insulation where gas and other fossil fuel appliances are installed.
- How to reduce the risk of affecting the safe operation of gas and other fossil fuel appliances.
- The different types of chimney systems and appliances.
- How chimneys work.
- Combustion of gas and other fuels.
- Legal obligations and responsibility.