MOCoPA Smart Meter Initial Training & Assessment Package
Logic4training's Smart Meter Installer Code of Practice (SMICoP) package covers all aspects of smart meter installation and testing.
The course is designed for existing smart meter installers who are currently working for a MOCoPA authorised business, but have never held Metering Operation Code of Practice Authorisation themselves.
The price includes registrating with the Energy & Utilities Skills Register (EUSR).
This smart meter training package covers all aspects of the SMICoP, including installation, testing and customer service.
Suitable candidates will be smart meter installers currently working for a business that holds the Meter Operation Code of Practice Authorisation, but who do not hold MOCoPA themselves.
Training culminates in a National Skills Academy for Power (NSAP) and MOCoPA assessments, covering either single phase or single off multi-phase exchanges.
Successful candidates will be registered to the EUSR.
Candidates must be working for a MOCoPA business, but have never held this authorisation themselves.
The course covers refresher training and consequent assessment in all aspects of smart metering power, meter exchange and the fundamentals of safe working practice, including:-
- Metering principles & safety
- Cut outs
- Logic polarity and assessment
- Earthing arrangements and assessment
- New connections and isolators
The course also covers customer interaction elements, as outlined by the SMICoP, plus:-
- Smart meter roll out providers, such as Telefonica & Arqiva
- SMETS2 smart metering communications
- Light sequences and binding of secure meters
- Smart meter in-home displays – PPMID/IHD
- Communication hubs – smart meter hot shoes
The NSAP competency assessment is split into written and practical elements. The practical part consists of a witnessed in-centre power meter exchange/installation, including SMICoP questions regarding customer service.
The MOCoPA assessment covers fault boards, earth and neutral faults, focussing on either:
- Single phase meter exchange
- Single phase off a multi phase supply meter exchange