Building services employers in Essex can now grow their business with generous grants thanks to a new Essex County Council training initiative. The newly launched ‘Skills for Economic Growth’ programme offers up to £1,000 to train staff, equipping them with skills that will help a business grow. This is a golden opportunity for employers perhaps looking to expand into the renewables market, as they can up-skill their workforce and future-proof their business while gaining industry recognised qualifications through a reputable training provider: Logic4training. The criteria for this employer-led scheme are as follows:Back to Insights
- Training must provide the business with new skills that will help the business grow
- Training must be equivalent to levels 3 or 4+
- Training must be completed in full by March 31st 2013
- The offer applies to new applications only
- Business must be located in Essex (excluding Southend, Thurrock and London boroughs), employ less than 250 staff and operate in the Low Carbon and Renewable Technology or Construction sector
- Businesses can access a grant for 70 per cent of the cost of training (excluding VAT) and be able to contribute the remaining 30 per cent themselves
- Only one training course can be funded per business, although more than one employee can attend the course (up to the £1000 funding limit).