New Entrant Commercial Heating Training Course
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
Logic4training's New Entrant Commercial Heating course is an in-depth training programme covering all aspects of core commercial gas safety.
This ACS recognised course is aimed at operatives with some experience who wish to join the Gas Safe register and work in the commercial heating sector.
The New Entrant Commercial Heating training course is an in-depth training programme for operatives who are looking to become Gas Safe Registered, but do not currently have the skills to undertake the ACS Scheme qualifications.
It gives a comprehensive understanding of commercial heating gas safety, regulations and appliances. In accordance with ACS scheme requirements, there is an on-site element where operatives build a portfolio of real-world work.
This course is recognised under the Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme for Gas Fitting Operatives (ACS) as a pre-requisite Managed Learning Programme (MLP) prior to assessment and application to join the Gas Safe Register.
On successful completion of this course, operatives will be in a position to undertake core commercial gas safety training and assessment and apply to join the Gas Safe register.
The course includes training on the following: –
- Gas Safety ( Installation & Use ) regulations
- Gas Industry Unsafe Situations procedure
- Installation requirements for commercial pipework
- Commercial chimney requirements and Clean Air Act
- Ventilation requirements for commercial appliances
- Operation of forced draught burners
- Commission, service, repair and breakdown of Indirect fired boilers and warm air heaters
- Commercial appliance and Pipework controls
- Combustion analysis of commercial appliances
This course also includes the following Health & Safety modules:
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights (WAH)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Basic Fire Safety Awareness
- Working Safely
On successful completion of this programme, operatives will then complete their portfolio of on-site work experience as required by the ACS Scheme.
Following that, operatives will undertake the six Day Core Commercial course which includes two days of revision followed by assessment in Commercial Core Gas Safety (COCN1), Pipework Installation (ICPN1) and Indirect Fired Boilers (CIGA1).
Upon successful completion of the ACS assessments, operatives will then be able to apply to join the Gas Safe Register
The cost of the course includes training, training manual, Approved Prior Learning (APL) assessment, certification fee and Candidate Workbook for recording on-site experience.
Acceptance on to the course is subject to an informal induction interview and proof of existing commercial heating experience in order to meet the ACS scheme entry requirements.
It is assumed that candidates will
- Have a working knowledge and at least two years’ experience in the commercial gas heating area
- Is currently working within the industry
- Is able to competently install pipework relevant to their area of work
- Have basic understanding & knowledge of commercial heating installations.