Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing & Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
The Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing & Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in dwellings is designed for operatives who want to be recognised as a Qualified Supervisor (QS). The qualification is recognised by the EAS scheme for entry on to a competent person scheme (Part P) as a QS for domestic properties.
Suitable candidates must have successfully completed all elements of the NEDEI Foundation Course first.
4 weeks (plus design assignment and onsite portfolio) – based on a candidate that has already completed all elements of the NEDEI Foundation Course
Candidates looking to complete NEDEI Advanced Course which incorporates the LCL Awards Level 3 RQF Certificate in Installing, Testing & Ensuring Compliance of Electrical installations in Dwellings must have successfully completed all elements of the New Entrant Domestic Electrical Installer FOUNDATION course.
Units covered will include:
- Health & safety legislation, practices and procedures in electrical installations.
- Environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems associated with electrical installations.
- Practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the work environment when installing electrical installations.
- Electrotechnical occupational competence – approval of electrical installations.
- Planning, preparation and selection of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment.
- Principles, practices and legislation for diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical installations.
- Installation and connection of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment.
- Inspection, testing, commissioning, approving and certification of electrical installations.
Candidates will be required to undertake:
- An independent electrical installation design assignment.
- A domestic electrical installation carried out in-centre.
- Onsite portfolio including at least two electrical installations.
All electrical installations are documented using our e-portfolio system.
All required electrical standards and training books will have been supplied within the NEDEI Foundation course and include:-
- The IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671
- The IET On-Site Guide
- The IET Electrician’s Guide to the Building Regulations
- The IET Guidance Note 3 (GN3) – Testing and Inspection
- The Level 2/3 training manual for the Diploma in Electrical Installations
After completion of the NEDEI Advanced Course candidates who want to join a competent person scheme (i.e. NAPIT or NIC) will be able to as they will have achieved the LCL Awards Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical installations in Dwellings which is a necessary requirement for joining a Part P CPS for electrical installations in domestic properties and to notify under Approved Document Part P. You will also be required to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years’ experience.