For gas installers, this is a busy time of year.
Why not make this year the best heating season yet by helping customers get the most out of their heating and save on energy bills. A helpful installer is also a busy installer!
By passing on theses top tips you’re more likely to get repeat business and be recommended – we all know recommendations are the best way to win new work.
Top tips for healthier heating
- Go green! Tell your customers about the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), a switch to solar thermal, biomass or heat pumps, will see them save money on their bills and generate a good return on investment.
- Insulate: Up to 35 per cent of heat is lost through the walls and up to 25 per cent through the roof. According to the Energy Saving Trust, insulating your loft could save £180 a year.
- Lag hot water pipes: A simple tasks to reduce heat loss and minimise the risk of pipes freezing.
- Fit Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs): TRVs give customers greater control over the rooms they are heating, providing the option to save by keeping the temperature low in unused rooms, or those benefitting from a wood fire, for example.
- Turn the thermostat down: Turning the thermostat down by just one degree could see an 8 per cent saving on their heating bill.
- Compensate for the weather: Weather Compensation, which is standard with most new boilers, monitors the outside temperature and adjusts central heating accordingly, saving as much as 20 per cent on heating bills.
- Bleed radiators: Show your customers how to bleed their radiators.
- Draught proof: A relatively inexpensive way of saving cash is by investing in thick curtains for doors and windows, or anywhere where there is a draught.
- Keep condensate pipes frost free: Frozen condensate pipes can cause temporary boiler shut-down and are a particular problem where the pipe is located externally. Wherever possible, this pipe should be installed internally.
Apart from saving money and keeping warm, well maintained appliances will also keep customers safe.
Make sure yours know the importance of having an annual service.
Don’t leave your customers out in the cold this winter, help them make their homes more efficient, greener and less costly to run.
Need to keep your gas ACS up to date? We offer domestic and commercial gas training and re-assessment.