Small to medium enterprises (SMEs) working in the construction sector have a vital role to play in helping the UK achieve its target of reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 80%, by 2050. To help SMEs take advantage of the market opportunities created by this situation, the Institute for Sustainability is offering London-based companies access to 12 hours of free business development workshops.
Named the ‘Flash Programme’, the seminars are part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and focus on retrofitting and renewable technologies. Delegates will be provided with advice on:
• Skills and competencies for business development
• Information about the Green Deal, Feed in Tariffs and the Renewable Heat Incentive
In addition, attendees will be given access to seven other Flash Networks, including the Renewable Energy Network.
Qualifying businesses: The Flash Programme is available to businesses with a London borough postcode, an annual turnover of under £42 million per year and less than 250 employees.
• Tuesday 20 September, 9.00am – 1.00pm: Engaging people in the retrofit process, hosted by the Energy Saving Trust
• Tuesday 20 September, 6.00pm – 9.00pm: Preparing for the retrofit challenge: Gearing up to exploit the opportunities, hosted by the Royal Institute of British Architects
• Wednesday 21 September, 9.00am – 1.00pm: Improving the fabric and services – a whole house approach, hosted by the National Federation of Roofing Contractors
• Wednesday 21 September, 6.00pm – 9.00pm: Small builder – planning for the low carbon retrofit challenge and opportunity, hosted by the Federation of Master Builders
• Thursday 22 September, 9.00am – 1.00pm: Retrofit – the next steps – Passivhaus at scale? Hosted by Southern Housing and the Mayville Community Centre
• Thursday 22 September, 2.00pm – 5.00pm: Learning from practical experience; translating into future retrofit action, hosted by Camden Council
• Thursday 22 September, 6.00pm – 9.00pm: Skills, Training and Accreditation for Low Carbon Retrofit, hosted by the Energy Efficiency Partnership for Homes
Full seminar details can be downloaded here: FLASH – Getting ready to retrofit seminar programme
Advance booking is essential and you will need a FLASH registration number in order to reserve a place. Places are limited and will be offered on a first come, first served basis.