The Heating and Hot Water industry council (HHIC), has produced additional guidance for boiler plus to help with understanding and compliance.
What are the Requirements Installers need to meet Boiler Plus standards?
- Boiler efficiency of at least 92% ErP
- Time control, temperature control, and boiler interlock
- For combi boilers add at LEAST one of the following:
- Flue gas heat recovery
- Weather compensation
- Load compensation
- Smart control with automation and optimisation functions
The document is available to download here
Where can I find out more information about Boiler Plus?
If you are still looking for more information, please visit these references:
- Commission Regulation (EU) No. 813/2013 – implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the
European Parliament and of the Council with regard to ecodesign requirements for space heaters andcombination heaters:
- Heat in Buildings; Boiler Plus
- HHIC Weather Compensation – Installer factsheet:
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS); Boiler Plus: New standards for
domestic boiler installations from April 2018; Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
- Commission communication in the framework of the implementation of Commission Regulation (EU) No 813/2013 implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to ecodesign requirements for space heaters and combination heaters and of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 811/2013 supplementing Directive 2010/30/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to the energy labelling of space heaters, combination heaters, packages of space heater, temperature control and solar device and packages of combination heater, temperature control and solar device:
- Approved Document L1B: conservation of fuel and power in existing dwellings, 2010 edition
(incorporating 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016 and 2018 amendments)