The latest report on smart metering installs during the final quarter of 2016 in Great Britain has been published.
In this report you will find information on the number of smart meters installed in domestic properties and smaller non-domestic sites.
It also shows the total number of meters in operation up until 31 December 2016 for large and small energy suppliers.
Key Findings: (Taken directly from the PDF)
- A total of 935,4001 domestic smart meters were installed by the large energy suppliers in the fourth quarter of 2016 (409,700 gas and 525,800 electricity meters). This represents a 15% increase in domestic smart meter installations compared to the previous quarter.
- Over the same period, 13,000 smart and advanced meters were installed in smaller non-domestic sites by large energy suppliers (of which 8,000 were advanced meters and the rest smart meters). This represents a four per cent decrease in overall smart and advanced meter installations compared to quarter three 2016.
- Small energy suppliers reported installing a total of 11,700 smart meters in domestic properties and a further 65,300 smart and advanced meters in smaller non-domestic sites during the calendar year 2016. This is notably different to the installation volumes reported in 2015 as the set of small supplier reporting in both years is different as some small suppliers have changed classification to ‘large’ supplier status over the course of the reporting year. Smart meters in operation
- As at 31 December 2016 there were 4,863,300 meters operated in smart mode by large energy suppliers and a further 83,700 meters operated in smart mode by small energy suppliers across domestic properties in Great Britain. Overall, this represents around 10 per cent of all domestic meters.
- As at 31 December 2016 there were 923,600 (207,900 gas and 715,700 electricity) nondomestic smart and advanced meters operating in smart mode or with advanced functionality by both large and small energy suppliers. This represents over one quarter of all non-domestic meters currently in operation.
- There are now over 5.87 million smart and advanced meters operating across homes and businesses in Great Britain, by both large and small energy suppliers
For the next Smart Meter Quarterly Report March 2017 Click Here