Its that time again! The latest quarterly report on smart metering installs to end March 2017 in Great Britain has been published.
In this report you will find information and statistics on the number of smart meters installed in domestic properties and smaller non-domestic sites in Great Britain.
Key Findings: (Taken directly from the PDF)
Smart meter installations
- A total of 1,027,7002 domestic smart meters were installed by large energy suppliers in the first quarter of 2017 (446,000 gas and 581,700 electricity meters). This represents a 10 per cent increase in domestic smart meter installations compared to the previous quarter.
- Over the same period, 13,800 smart and advanced meters were installed in smaller non-domestic sites by large energy suppliers (of which 8,500 were advanced meters and the rest smart meters). This represents a six per cent increase in overall smart and advanced meter installations compared to quarter four 2016.
Smart meters in operation
- As at 31 March 2017 there were 5.76 million meters operated in smart mode by large energy suppliers in domestic properties across Great Britain. Overall, this represents around 12 per cent of all domestic meters operated by large suppliers.
- As at 31 March 2017 there were 589,800 (56,100 gas and 533,800 electricity) non-domestic smart and advanced meters operating in smart mode or with advanced functionality by large energy suppliers. This represents over one fifth of all non-domestic meters currently operated by large energy suppliers.
- There are now over 6.783,4 million smart and advanced meters operating across homes and businesses in Great Britain, by both large and small energy suppliers.
If you missed the Smart Meter Quarterly Report December 2016 Click Here