Call us to book your place
This is a Managed Learning Programme recognised under the ACS scheme consisting of both in-centre training and assessment. It also requires the candidate to build a work portfolio under the supervision of a registered gas engineer covering the tasks relevant to the installation and exchange of domestic gas meters.
The CMA1 Gas Safety Assessment is designed to test the gas safety competence of an operative in core domestic and commercial metering work by practical and knowledge and understanding assessment.
This also includes the appliance MET1 which is designed to test the gas safety competence of an operative in the work of install, exchange, remove and commission domestic gas meters by practical and knowledge and understanding assessment
Range of Fittings and Meters covered: All Gas Fittings and Primary & Secondary Meters up to 6 cubic meters per hour capacity.
None, but an aptitude for practical skills and basic numeracy and literacy is required. Candidates must be working for a company able to provide them the required work experience surrounding the installation and exchange of domestic gas meters.
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Ventilation Requirements for Domestic and Commercial Appliances
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Install, exchange, remove and commission domestic gas meters
- Tightness Testing & Purging of Domestic Sized NG Installations
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Identification of Unsafe Situations and the Use of Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- The Operation of and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
- Flueing Standards
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Re-light Appliances/Plant
ACS certificate for medium pressure installations REGT1