Basic Heating System & Boiler Fault Finding Course
Logic4training’s basic heating system & boiler fault finding is for registered gas engineers looking to increase their knowledge in this area.
It is ideal for gas central heating installers who need to install, maintain, repair and service central heating systems, as part of annual servicing or following a boiler breakdown.
The course covers the required knowledge gas installers need to know to safely test for faults on central heating systems and boilers.
Is particularly relevant for candidates who have just completed their MLP Programme with Logic4training.
Fault finding training will equip candidates with the knowledge to identify a fault based on a boiler start-up sequence, understand and use manufacturers’ flow charts and wiring diagrams, plus use multimeters to test circuits, components and earth continuity, focusing on electrical safe isolation and safe working practices.
- Electrical safety – anti-static precautions, electric shock hazards, etc.
- Electrical Safe Isolation Procedure
- Understand S & Y plan wiring systems (installation & faults)
- Understand the operation of electric components within boiler circuits
- Use of multimeters to analyse circuits
- Locate a range of faults to components within the circuit
- Fault find from a particular point in the boiler’s start up sequence
- Principles of use and theory including safe working
- Earth continuity testing
- Testing for Polarity
- Short circuit testing
- Component testing
This course is suitable for Gas Safe registered engineers (either new engineers or those with minimal experience) who have completed the relevant ACS gas safety (CCN1) and central heating appliance (CENWAT) qualifications.