Domestic Natural Gas Meter Installer Course for ACS competencies CMA1 & MET1 Training Course
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
Logic4training's Domestic Natural Gas Meter Installer course is a Managed Learning Programme (MLP) recognised by the ACS.
The course includes CMA1 gas safety, covering domestic and commercial metering competence and MET1, which focuses on the installation, exchange, removal and commissioning of gas meters.
Candidates are required to build a portfolio of work under the supervision of a registered gas engineer.
This MLP covers domestic gas meter installation, combining in-centre learning with on-the-job experience, where candidates build a portfolio of evidence under the supervision of a registered gas engineer.
Recognised by ACS, the package includes gas safety assessments CMA1 – which tests competence in core domestic and commercial metering work – and MET1, which covers the installation, exchange, removal and commissioning of domestic gas meters. CMA3 which just focuses on the installation and exchange of Domestic Gas meters can also be delivered.
Primary and secondary meters, up to six cubic meters per hour are covered, plus the full range of gas fittings.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but suitable trainees will have an aptitude for practical tasks. Basic numeracy and literacy is required.
Candidates must be working for a company able to provide them the required gas meter installation and exchange work experience needed for the portfolio element of programme.
The domestic gas meter installer course covers the following areas:
- Gas safety legislation
- Gas emergency actions & procedures
- Characteristics of combustion
- Ventilation requirements for domestic & commercial appliances
- Installation of pipework & fittings
- Installation, exchange, removal & commissioning of domestic gas meters
- Tightness testing & purging
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators
- Identification of unsafe situations and the use of emergency notices & warning labels
- The operation of and positioning of emergency isolation controls & valves
- Flueing standards
- Re-establishing existing gas supply & re-lighting appliances/plant
ACS certificate for medium pressure installations REGT1