Property Maintenance for lettings, caretaking and facilities management
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
Logic4training’s Property Maintenance course for lettings, caretaking and facilities management, is designed to train individuals and teams in the core practical skills required to upkeep both domestic and commercial sites such as tenanted properties, schools, hospitals and offices.
Areas covered include basic plumbing and electrics, general repairs, decorating, site safety, damp prevention and energy efficiency.
The Property Maintenance course will provide candidates with a broad range of practical skills, allowing them to provide a comprehensive service related to the general upkeep and repair of occupied buildings –
from residential flats and tenanted properties to public buildings, schools, hospitals and commercial offices.
An ideal course for maintenance teams, caretakers, general handy people or landlords who want to take on responsibility for their properties, the course covers the use of power tools, tiling, plastering, carpentry, mould prevention, energy efficiency measures and basic plumbing and electrics, plus common repairs, such as door and window fitting.
The practical course takes two-weeks in total, with training conducted by experts in each specific skill in dedicated training bays.
There are no specific entry requirements, but the course is best suited to people that are practically minded and good with their hands.
Practical skills, including:
- Safe site working (locating cables and pipes)
- Building structures, materials, components & fixings.
- Building regulations (altering, drilling, and notching structural areas)
- Safe use of hand and power tools
- Basic wall fixing methods and materials
- Basic carpentry skills
- Fitting and replacement of door furniture including hinges, locks, handles and closers
- Plasterboard wall repair and access
- Plaster patch repairs
- Ceramic tile repair, cutting around electrical sockets and switches)
- Basic plumbing, including simple repairs of hot and cold water systems
- Common central heating systems – identifying faults and remedial repairs
- Basic electrics, such as safe isolation of electrical circuits
- Relocation/repair of TV coaxial and satellite cables
There is no formal assessment. On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Logic4training Certificate in Property Maintenance.
If a business is able to place as a minimum 6 candidates, then we are able to customise the content to reflect the business requirements.