F-Gas Training Course LCL level 3 RQF
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
Logic4training's F-Gas course is for experienced refrigeration and air-conditioning or heat pump engineers who need to meet the legal requirements for working with Fluorinated Gases - F-Gases - and other ozone depleting substances.
This Level 3 regulated RQF qualification from LCL Awards covers industry competence for all F-Gas activities (category 1) and is the UK’s leading F-Gas qualification.
Logic4training’s F-Gas training course is a level 3 regulated RQF qualification for learners that wish to work in the refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump industries with fluorinated greenhouse gasses. This qualification meets the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2015/2067.
This qualification provides candidates with a category 1 certificate, which covers all F-Gas activities.
The leading F-Gas qualification available in the UK today, the course was developed by LCL Awards in partnership with industry experts, Business Edge.
The course covers categories 1 and 2 (for more complex tasks like installation, service and maintenance).
There are 4 categories for this qualification, covering the industry competence certificate for Category 1.
You need a:
- Category 1 certificate – to carry out all activities
- Category 2 certificate – to install, maintain, service and recover refrigerant from systems containing less than 5 tonnes of CO2 equivalent (CO2e)
- Category 3 certificate – to recover refrigerant from systems that contain less than 3 kg of F gas
- Category 4 certificate – to check equipment for leaks if you don’t break into the refrigeration circuit
Training includes the following topics:
- The fundamental principles of thermodynamics
- The environmental impact of refrigerants and corresponding environmental regulations
- How to carry out checks before putting in operation:
- After a long period of non-use
- After maintenance or repair intervention
- During operation
- How to check for leakage
You will learn how to handle the system and refrigerant during:
- Servicing or recovery in an environmentally friendly manner in accordance with the regulations.
- How to put into operation and maintain reciprocating, screw and scroll compressors, single and two-stage.
- How to install, put into operation and maintain air cooled and water cooled condensers.
- How to install, put into operation and maintain air cooled and water cooled evaporators
- How to install, put into operation and service Thermostatic Expansion Valves (TEV) and other components
- How to build a leak-tight piping system in a refrigeration installation.
This qualification does not cover the full installation of AC systems. It is focused upon the components within the AC system and refrigerant within those components.
It is an open book assessment.
This qualification is DEFRA approved. Click here to check the Government guidance on qualifications required to work on equipment containing F-Gas.
Companies and operatives (sole traders) must be registered with an F-Gas Certification Body for the category they wish to work with. Examples of F-Gas Registration Bodies include:
More information can be found on the DEFRA website.
Candidates wishing to undertake this course must hold a recognised qualification in refrigeration, heating & ventilation or other related industry sector or have a minimum of two years auditable experience working within the HVACR sector.
All candidates must have a good practical working knowledge of different soldering and brazing methods to undertake this type of work.
A copy of the F-Gas 517/2014 Reference Manual will be provided.
The following downloads provide useful background reading to F Gas training: