Heat pump installers registered under the Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) can now make applications using the new digital portal, which launched on 28th November 2022.
The online platform should make it quicker and easier for installers to make and monitor applications under the BUS.
What is the Boiler Upgrade Scheme digital portal?
The digital portal is designed to simplify the funding process for heat pump installers, according to OFGEM.
The dashboard allows heat pump installers to:
- Make new applications for BUS funding on behalf of customers
- View a list of submitted applications
- Check the progress of their applications
- Review any outstanding actions.
In the installer account area, the list is sorted by status. Applications with outstanding actions will appear at the top of the list and coloured red.
How do I log into the Boiler Upgrade Scheme digital portal?
If you are a BUS registered installer, you will receive an email with a link to create an account and start using the portal. Check your spam folder if you are expecting an email and haven’t received one.
OFGEM have created a video walking installers through the account creation process, step-by-step. You can view it here.
Are manual applications still acceptable under the Boiler Upgrade Scheme?
Manual applications will be accepted until Monday 5th December, however, the voucher application form has already been removed from the OFGEM website.
How do I become a BUS registered installer?
- Upskill to heat pump installation (if required) – we recommend this air source heat pump training course specifically designed for experienced heating installers
- Get certified under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) for heat pump installation
- Create a BUS account – the BUS is only available in England and Wales
- Apply for the BUS voucher on behalf of the property owner via the digital portal – £5,000 for air source heat pumps and £6,000 for ground source heat pumps.
- Complete the installation within 3 months of the voucher being issued (6 months for ground source heat pumps)
- Generate the MCS installation certificate
- Apply to OFGEM to redeem the voucher
- Receive funds direct.
Want to know more?
BUS information: gov.uk/boilerupgrade
OFGEM installer portal video