New Entrants Plumbing Induction
If you are looking for a career in the plumbing & heating industry then book on to our free, informal induction on-site and online.
You will get to see our state of the art facilities, find out about the different training routes, meet our tutors, discuss the payment routes (including interest free payment options), see the free tool kit our new students receive, and find out more about your employment options at the end of the training.
We have a number of new entrant programmes, starting with a Level 2 Plumbing Diploma, with options to add the qualification to work on news build sites and how you move onto the gas course if required.
We have regular inductions at our centres on weekdays, weekends and evenings. Click the book your place now button to see available dates and times.
When you click the centre you would like to attend you will be able to choose from the dates available.
Don’t worry if the dates and times don’t work for you call us and we will arrange for you to come in at a suitable time to you.
During the induction, we will:
- Give you a tour of the centre, including the classrooms and practical workshops where you will train.
- Deliver a presentation explaining the different plumbing & heating packages and what they entails (this takes between 30 mins and an hour.)
- See the new tool kit and training books given to you to keep.
- Discuss payment options (including interest free payment options).
- Explain how the employed and self employed guidance works.
- How we work with employers looking for freshly qualified students.
- Answer any questions you may have during a dedicated Q&A session.
During the induction, you will:
- Answer some questions to determine which plumbing package is right for you – For example, what previous experience and/or qualifications you may have.
During the online induction, we will:
- Confirm this is the correct course for your needs.
- Answer any questions you have regarding your training and employment assistance.
- Take you on a guided video tour of our training facilities, including the practical and theory training areas.
- Explain the course in detail, the training you will receive, and what it will enable you to do work-wise once completed.
- Go through the qualifications you will receive.
- Discuss course dates (weekday and weekend).
- Explain course costs and payment options, including interest-free finance.
Not necessarily – we have a range of plumbing packages depending on experience and what level you want to train to.
Bronze package: Level 2 Diploma in the Installation & Maintenance of Plumbing & Heating Systems provides an entry-level route into the sector designed for candidates with no previous experience.
Silver package: Adds an NVQ element to the Level 2 Diploma, ideal for candidates who need a recognised CSCS card.
If you need an NVQ Level 2 in plumbing but already have experience and/or relevant qualifications, we also offer an experienced worker route, with three different options, depending on what areas you need to brush-up on.
Gold package: Combines our new entrants gas course (MLP) with the Level 2 Diploma, culminating in Gas ACS, a necessary requirement of joining the Gas Safe register.
Platinum package: Adds an NVQ element to the above, for candidates who need a CSCS card for both plumbing and gas.
Our induction process will identify the route that is best suited to your requirements.
Our packages also include access to a range of support services that will help to accelerate the start up of our own plumbing business and set you on the path to success.