Plumbing, Heating And Gas Installer Gold Training Package
Representative example at 12 Months Interest Free Credit at 0% APR
12 Monthly payment
Logic4training’s gold package combines the Level 2 Plumbing Diploma with our new entrants’ gas course (MLP), culminating in Gas ACS and registration with Gas Safe.
Perfect for new entrants who want to become a fully qualified gas installer, this programme also provides the ideal starting point to move into low carbon heating solutions, such as heat pumps and solar thermal.
Starting with our Level 2 Plumbing Diploma, candidates will be given a good grounding in plumbing covering central heating, cold and hot water systems. Featuring practical pipework installation and maintenance skills, as well as health & safety and legislation, this element of our gold package takes place in the classroom.
The next step is the Domestic Gas Managed Learning Programme (MLP), which culminates in Gas ACS and Gas Safe registration. Including all the necessary qualifications – Hot Water Systems & Safety, Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating – our MLP provides the skills and experience required to become a registered gas installer.
A key part of the MLP is onsite work experience and the completion of a portfolio, which demonstrates competence in a range of ‘real world’ tasks – we can arrange a placement for you if required (at extra cost).
NB: If you need to get a plumbers CSCS card, please take a look at our platinum package, which includes an NVQ element as part of the Level 2 Diploma.
There are no prerequisites for these courses, but we will assess candidates to check their suitability. A good understanding of maths and English is essential.
Training as a plumber and gas installer is ideal for practically minded people – if you like fixing things, solving problems and working with your hands, then this programme could be for you.
- Health & safety regulations
- Plumbing science, principles and practices
- Energy, waste and water conservation
- Pipework installation (copper and plastic), including bending, soldering, jointing and testing
- Installing and fault finding for cold and hot water systems
- Installing and fault finding for central heating systems, including radiators
- Electrical installation of plumbing and heating system components, including safe isolation
- Installation and maintenance of about ground drainage systems
- Gas safety
- Gas legislation, Building Regulations and British Standards
- Tightness testing of domestic natural gas installations
- Measuring and interpretation of gas pressures and the calculation of heat inputs
- Gas appliance functions and the operation of gas safety controls
- Principles of flueing, chimneys and combustion
- WRAS Water Regulations
- Gas appliance installation, including boilers and water heaters
- Hot Water Systems & Safety (unvented)
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
- Gas ACS – CCN1 and CENWAT (Central Heating & Hot Water)
We can help candidates on the MLP find a site for the portfolio element of the programme, at extra cost.
Tools will be provided which are yours to keep, helping you take the first steps in your new career.
As soon as you have registered on the course, you will be given access to our ClubLogic online learning platform, which provides practical, bite size learning sessions that you can use before and during the course.