The Domestic Gas Installer New Entrants Course starts with the basic principles of gas heating and plumbing and pipework skills, leading to further areas such as heating design, gas safety and hot water systems. As this is a Managed Learning Programme, all topics are broken down into easy-to-digest sections, with industry recognised qualifications and certificates of competence awarded on completion of each module.
The New Entrants Gas Course for Beginners includes training and assessment in the following areas:
- Introduction to plumbing, gas and heating theory and principles
- Health and Safety including safe use of tools, asbestos & legionella awareness, manual handling and fire safety precautions
- Pipework installation and practical skills
- Gas legislation, Building Regulations and British Standards
- Industry unsafe situations procedures
- Tightness testing of domestic natural gas installations
- Measuring and interpretation of gas pressures and the calculation of heat inputs
- Gas appliance functions and the operation of gas safety controls
- Principles of flueing, chimneys and combustion
- Safe isolation of electrical installations
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic heating
- Approved Prior Learning (APL) Programme for Domestic Natural Gas
- Water Regulations (WRAS), Hot Water Systems & Safety (inc Unvented hot water systems)
- ACS refresher training and assessment for Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) and Gas fired boilers and water heaters (CENWAT)
CKR & HTR1 are not included in the package.
On completion of the DGHI New Entrants course and the APL course, successful students will receive competence certificates for the different technical elements and an industry recognised Managed Learning Programme training certificate from Logic Certification; necessary to access ACS gas training and assessment.
You will then be ready to start building your on-site work portfolio under the supervision of a registered gas engineer. If you are not able to work with a registered gas engineer or company then we can help you with this and you will be able to carry out work in real properties supported by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer (this is available at an additional cost)
Once the on-site work portfolio has been completed and signed off you are ready to return to undertake the refresher training and ACS gas assessment for CCN1 and CENWAT
Training is provided in-centre, combined with online training and assessment thorough our Clublogic learner support programme.