The course covers the predominant solar PV systems (grid connected). Training does not feature all possible variants of this subject and manufacturer’s support and guidance should always be sought when fitting equipment. The following topics are covered:
- Background to market and grant funding routes (including MCS)
- Regulations and standards
- Health & Safety considerations
- AC & DC theory
- PV cell types and benefits
- PV external and internal site survey requirements
- Solar PV circuit design
- PV system design and integration
- Setting to work and commissioning
- Solar PV servicing and fault finding
The solar photovoltaic training is carried out on simulated rigs, on our full size roof with installed panels and in the classroom. We would recommend that solar photovoltaic installers also complete a Working at Heights course.
Logic4training’s Solar PV course includes a practical and a written assessment. The written paper takes the form of a multiple choice question paper and a design scenario. Successful candidates will be issued with a Logic Certification QCF Level 3 Award in the Installation of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems certificate.