LPG Vessels Package Training Course
Logic4training's LPG Vessels Package course is for experienced gas engineers who want to work on LPG bulk storage vessels.
This training and assessment package includes ACS modules covering single and multiple vessel supply and electro-fusion jointing.
Candidates must hold an existing LPG ACS qualification, either CCLP1 or CONGLP1 (EP, PD, LAV or RPH).
Logic4training’s LPG Vessels package covers the skills and knowledge required to install and commission LPG bulk storage vessels.
This training course is designed for experienced gas engineers who already hold LPG ACS qualifications (either LPG core gas assessment CCLP1 or LPG changeover CONGLP1).
Training covers LPG bulk storage vessels with single and multiple supply outlets and trains operatives in electro-fusion jointing of polyethylene (PE) pipework up to a maximum diameter of 63mm.
This course covers the following topics:
- Underground pipework – separation for services, trench-work, anti-shear sleeves and sizing
- Bulk storage vessels – sitting requirements, vessel pipework & fittings, signage and valves
- Strength & Tightness testing procedures – low pressure, intermediate pressure
- Electro-fusion jointing
- Use of electric fusion welder, selection and application of pipework and fittings
It includes training and assessment on the following ACS modules:
- VESLP1 – LPG bulk storage vessels single supply with a pipework diameter <32mm for PE, 35mm for copper or 1 1/4″ for steel and pipe volumes <0.035 m3
- VESLP2 – LPG bulk storage vessels single & multiple supply e.g. distribution network where installation volume and pipe size are within the scope of Liquid Gas UK CoP 22.
- EFJLP1 – Electro-fusion jointing of PE pipework and fittings
This course is intended for experienced operatives. Candidates must hold an LPG ACS qualification CCLP1 or CONGLP1 (EP, PD, LAV or RPH).
VESLP1 is a pre-requisite to undertaking VESLP2
Note: VESLP2 holders prior to March 1st 2022 may still require a test and purge competency (TPCP1)