Electrotechnial apprentices and those training in electrics will be familiar with Achievement Measurement 2 (AM2) end point assessments.
Inline with revisions put in place by National Electrotechnical Training (NET) who manage and develop end point assessments for the electrotechnical industry, we are introducing a new re-sit policy from 1st April 2021 for AM2, AM2S and AM2E.
The changes have been brought in to make the process cheaper and more time efficient for candidates who don’t pass section A of the assessment at first sitting.
What’s the new re-sit policy?
From 1st April 2021, Section A of all versions of the AM2 will be split into sub-sections, so that should candidates need to take the assessment again, they will no longer have to re-sit the whole of section A – just the subsection/s they failed.
The subsections and associated re-sit length will be:
- Installation of lighting and ring final circuits will 0 2.25 hours
- Installation of 3-phase circuits – 2.25 hours
- Installation of central heating control circuit – 2 hours
- Installation of main protective bonding safety and data circuits – 2 hours
- Installation of containment (AM2S and AM2E only) – 1.5 hours
Same high standards
The marking criteria has not been changed and neither has the standard required for passing the assessment.
The assessments, which are available at our Luton centre, will be subject to a price rise from 1st April 2021. For more information on the all three AM2 assessments and re-sit policy, please click here.