Commercial Laundry Changeover Gas Training Course
Logic4training’s commercial laundry changeover training course is for experienced operatives who want to work on commercial laundry appliances run on both natural gas and LPG.
This package course includes training and assessment covering core units and specific appliance training, including commissioning, installation, maintenance and repair.
Logic4training’s commercial laundry changeover training course is designed for existing commercial gas installers, who already hold a core commercial gas safety qualification and who want to expand into commercial laundry.
The installation and maintenance of gas-fired commercial laundry equipment is an area often overlooked by gas installers, but one that could provide a steady stream of business thanks to the numerous locations where commercial laundry equipment is used, including:
- launderettes used by members of the public
- nursing and retirement homes
- student accommodation
- youth hostels
- hotels and B&Bs
If you install, service and/or maintain commercial laundry equipment, such as washer driers and rotary irons, as part of your role, this package course will ensure you are trading safely and within the law.
This package provides training and assessment on commercial laundry changeover (CoCCLNG1) and specific commercial laundry appliances (CLE1).
The course covers overall safety for non-domestic laundry appliances and training and assessment on specific equipment, such as:
- combined washer driers and
- rotary irons (used in launderettes, schools and hospitals).
The changeover (CoCCLNG1) element of commercial laundry gas training covers:
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances
- Ventilation and installation of chimney (exhaust duct)
The specific commercial laundry appliance element (CLE1) will require the engineer to carry out a number of practical tasks including:
- Identifying incorrect installation
- Identifying and rectifying faulty gas safety controls
- Service and maintenance
- Commercial laundry appliances run on both Natural Gas and LPG.
Prior knowledge of commercial gas installation is assumed.
This package does not cover generic commercial gas safety installation knowledge, therefore operatives are required to hold one of the following core gas safety qualifications:
- COCN1 – Core Commercial Gas Safety
- CODNCO1 – Changeover Domestic to Commercial Gas Safety
- CCCN1: Core commercial catering gas safety
- CODC1: Core domestic to commercial catering changeover
Where the equipment is supplied by LPG, operatives must also hold the changeover assessment CoNGLP1.
Reading required: BS 8446 Specification for the installation and maintenance of open-flued, non-domestic gas-fired laundry appliances.