The AM2 electrical course consists of four assessment areas:
- Practical installation (7.5 hours)
- Inspection and testing of the installation (3.5 hours)
- Fault finding (2 hours)
- Online theory assessment (1 hour)
Operatives will be expected to install, terminate, connect, inspect, test, commission and diagnose faults in accordance with the installation specification provided by the assessor and in accordance with the relevant statutory and non-statutory regulations on the following:
- Lighting and power circuits
- A three-phase distribution board and sub circuit
- A central heating/sustainable energy system
- A safety services circuit and device
- A data cabling system
On successful completion, candidates will be issued with a AM2 certificate by NET.
Please note: Candidates attending the AM2 practical assessments must be ready to start promptly at 8.00am.