Are you looking to switch careers or strengthen your skills in the electrical sector?
Then Logic4training’s New Entrant Domestic Electrical Installer Course is for you.
Teaching you all you need to know to excel in the industry of domestic electricals and give you all the educational tools you require, whether you have previous experience or not.
Successful candidates will gain the qualifications they need to undertake domestic jobs and allow you to join a competent persons scheme like NICEIC/NAPIT/STROMA/ELECSA.
Expand your skillset with Logic4training’s Domestic Electrical Installer Course.
This flexible hands-on course can be taken in one block of four weeks or embark on the two-week beginner part of the course and follow up with the two weeks of individual modules at a later time.
The course includes training and assessment on all the essential aspects of the profession. Delivered by our expert trainers, this course allows you to work on basic electrical installations in a domestic environment.
If successful, you will gain the following qualifications and certificates:
- Logic Certification Domestic Electrical Installer – Part P (Full Scope)
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, BS 7671:2018 (City & Guilds 2382-18 – QCF Level 3)
- Initial Verification, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (Logic Certification QCF Level 3)
- Health & Safety – Manual Handling
- Health & Safety – Fire Safety
- Health & Safety – Asbestos Awareness
- Health & Safety – Working at Heights
You’ll gain a range of new skills during the domestic electrical installer course. Along with confidence in your newly found skillset, you’ll also learn about the following:
- Electrical wiring regulations, standards and associated documents
- Competent Persons Schemes (CPS), why they are needed and how to register
- Basic electrical theory, including OHMS Law, power laws and resistance
- Building Regulations – Part P and Part M
- Electrical components including consumer units and safety devices
For a full list, download our guide to becoming a domestic electrical installer.
The New Entrant Domestic Electrical Installer Course is designed to give you the tools and knowledge to confidently undertake domestic electrical tasks. Whilst this role, and therefore the course, is different to an electrician’s course, it gives you strong building blocks to begin your domestic electrical installation career.
The main role of a domestic electrical installer is to install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances and fixtures in a wide range of applications in a domestic setting, that is to say at home.
If you’re already an installer wanting to keep your skills sharp, in the trade and looking to broaden your services, or you’re an engineer looking to develop competency in electrical-related tasks, we can help.
We have a range of courses available from Domestic Electrical Installer Part P Training Course through to 18th Edition Course – City & Guilds 2382 Training Course and the Testing and Inspection Courses.
Click here to find out more about electrical training.